Faraday P/L Team Members and job applicants can contact our HR team for details about the privacy of their personal information, and review the applicable Privacy Notice when you apply for a job. This policy does not apply to the personal information of our Team Members in their capacity as a Team Member, or if you are an investor.
1. What we collect and how we collect it
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. You generally have the option of interacting with us anonymously or using a pseudonym, however in some instances this may prevent us from being able to provide you with products and services, for an example where you place an order for products online.
The types of personal information we collect and use depend on your interaction and transactions with us, including
General: What we collect
- Contact name and details
- Payment and transaction information including type, bank and credit card details etc
- Delivery address or collection details
- Your location details through your smart phone or device
- Website and technical information ie browser, websites visited, IP address, user and system preferences, device type etc
- transaction, product, services and activity details of purchases, preferences and interactions
- Details of your communications and interactions with us
General: How we collect
- when you use the Faraday P/L website, social media platforms
- make a purchase or place an order
- Setup a Faraday P/L account
- transact including making a non‐cash payment, or request a service where we collect Personal Information such as pre-orders, etc
- Request review of products for assessment or repair
- send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback
- you are involved in an incident
- when you join a mailing list
- post a review, rating or comment on our website or social media page, or other user generated content on one of our websites or Apps
What we collect
- Mailing List details including your name, contact details, country and any other information you provide
- Transaction details including what you purchased, payment information, where you shopped and your product preferences
- Your location details through your smart phone or device
We may monitor and record your communications with us for security, dispute resolution, and training purposes and operate video and audio surveillance devices in our premises.
1.1 Collection of personal information by third parties
We may also collect personal information from third parties including public sources, Information service providers, providers who administer Faraday P/L products and services and anyone authorised to act on your behalf.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details
Information is automatically collected through your use of theFaraday P/L website and electronic communications, through cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites or Apps may place on your computer or device. Generally, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences. We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to user accounts. Cookies are also used to allow the website to gain statistical information about your usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow Faraday P/L to customise a user’s experience on their websites. The information is used and disclosed by Faraday P/L for purposes including statistical analysis and to assist Faraday P/L to improve the functionality and usability of the website.
2. Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information to provide, administer, improve and personalise our products and services, and to support our business functions, including:
- to improve our service operations to enhance your customer experience
- to communicate with you and perform research and statistical analysis, such as customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes, usage behaviour and user experience for online and digital platforms to improve functionality and usability. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties, partners and sellers that you have consented to share your information with (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- to conduct investigative, fraud and loss prevention activities to protect the interests of Faraday P/L including protection of our staff, customers and suppliers
- to respond to your query, feedback or concerns
- responding to and interacting with regulatory bodies and relevant government agencies
- general planning and administration, and as other required or permitted by law
- We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
3. Direct marketing, tech advertising and opting out
By providing your address, email address and contact number to Faraday P/L you consent to Faraday P/L contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, and telephone. You may prefer to provide to us your personal email address or mobile number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
If we send you direct marketing or send you electronic marketing messages based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, withdraw your consent or opt-out by
- contacting our Customer Service team by phone on +61 (03) 9729 5000
- contacting our Customer Service team by writing to Faraday P/L,
PO BOX 555
Bayswater VIC 3153
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages
- Adjust the permissions and notifications on your smartphone or device to stop notifications
You can unsubscribe from receiving digital marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link on emails from Faraday P/L.
4. Sharing your personal information
We work with a number of suppliers that provide us with services to fulfil your request or carry out specific functions on our behalf, including:
- contracted or approved third party service providers or contractors to provide you with products or services requested by you or may be of interest to you, to communicate offers to you, and for product development and product, service and market research
- approved technology services including application and systems, cloud computing facilities, development and technical support, processing, storing, hosting, research and to analyse data
- business advisors, including lawyers, accountants, insurance, recruitment advisors and agencies, auditors or other professional service providers to the extent reasonably required
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal process such as a search warrant, a court order or a subpoena and fraud management
Some of our trusted service providers such as technology or data storage providers may be located outside of Australia including Japan, Singapore, India, Hong Kong, the Philippines, the United States of America and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to Faraday P/L.
5. Protection of personal information
Personal information we hold can be in electronic or hard copy form, both onsite at a Faraday P/L premises or with our trusted service provider. Any trusted service provider must observe and meet our information security requirements to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or unapproved alteration of, personal information.
In addition we have a number of security controls in place and use a range of resources, process and technology controls to protect your personal information. For an example all Team Members are required and bound by internal information security policies including limiting and controlling access to systems that hold personal information.
While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online. You disclose that information at your own risk. You should be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential, access is limited, limit access to your computer and log out after use. If you become aware of unauthorised access, please let us know as soon as practicable.
5.1 Third party sites
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. Links to third party sites that are not operated or controlled by Faraday P/L are provided for your convenience. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, you are leaving Faraday P/L and any personal information you provide will not be covered by this Policy and Faraday P/L is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those sites. Third party websites should have their own privacy and security policies, which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information to them.
6. Access and Correction
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information subject to some exceptions permitted by law. When making an access request, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve the information. We may ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make, this includes providing us satisfactory proof of identity as determined by us. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act or will contact you directly to seek your permission.
We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
You should ensure that all personal information submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. A record of the changes made to your personal information may be noted in your account or filing. You acknowledge that there may be circumstances where Faraday P/L is entitled to assume such accuracy and completeness and reserves the right to not correct personal information, where permitted under relevant laws.
7. Complaints or Questions
Mail: Privacy Officer, Faraday Pty Ltd, 4 Prospect Place, Boronia VIC 3155.
We may ask you to submit your complaint in writing. We may discuss and share your complaint with our staff and our service providers and others as required and appropriate.
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response generally provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and advise you of this.
8. Updates to this Policy
For information about privacy generally, you may visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.